The 10k Experiment Rules
I want to make sure everything I do with the 10k Experiment is transparent and honest. With that motive in mind, here’s a short list of guidelines I’ve created for myself:
- Free books don’t count. Any giveaways or free copies of the book do not count to the total sales number in the 10k Experiment.
- Discounts do count. The book is normally priced at $3.99 but from time-to-time I’ve run special promotions for lower prices. These count as sales. Basically, if someone spends money on the book, it counts towards the 10,000 total.
- Copies I purchase don’t count. Any copies I’ve purchased through any means do not count towards the 10,000 total.
- Bulk sales do count. I’ve given a few organizations discounts on bulk sales. I am counting these towards the 10,000 total (see #2).
- I will strive to be as clear and honest with my reporting as possible. Sometimes numbers you get from various outlets are a little fuzzy, but I will always do my best to provide accurate numbers and, when in doubt, report lower numbers instead of higher.